Quarantine lifesavers for the win! Like for many of you, sheltering in place for 7+ weeks has been a challenge to say the least! But, I’m finally getting into the grove of things and these 11 things are making life just a little bit easier.
My 11 Quarantine Lifesavers:
- Smartphone Holder – I kept seeing this in blogger photos and I thought it was cute, but I wasn’t sure it would really be useful. But, then I did an Instagram Live and I didn’t have anything to prop my phone up with. Yes, I could’ve used my tripod, but it was in that moment that I realized I needed a smartphone holder. My husband smirked when it arrived and guess who uses it ALL of the time now!?!? It’s great for FaceTime and Zoom calls, it’s ideal in the kitchen when you’re cooking and are using a recipe on your phone on tablet and it’s perfect when you’re washing dishes and want to listen to a podcast or watch a tv show.
- Insulated Travel Mug – I love my Effie’s Paper travel mugs more and more each day. They keep my lattes hot, the pinch-hit as cocktail shakers and they keep my wine at the perfect temperature during our nightly Quarantini hour.
- Yoga Mat – I fell in love with yoga 4 or 5 years ago. Whenever I’m stressed or feeling anxious, I try to take a yoga class. There’s something about doing Sun Salutations for 45 minutes that immediately allows me to relax and re-group. I haven’t been doing as much yoga as I should be (because let’s be honest, some days it’s hard to motivate), but I’ve found some great free online classes that are helping me to maintain my equilibrium.
- Face Mask – Now that face masks are mandatory for the foreseeable future, you might as well be cute, right? Truthfully, I find them hot and a bit confining, but I designed one that I’d want to wear because having a cute face mask is a quarantine lifesaver for me.
- Braid Headband – I’ve been obsessed with headbands for at least the past 6 months. I found some really stylish ones that I’d wear every day if I could, but sequins and rhinestones are a bit much for my everyday shelter-in-place look. So, I’ve been wearing this braid headband which makes me feel put together in a stay at home kind of way if you get my drift. Call me vapid, but feeling good about how I look on a daily basis feeds into my psyche. Yes, this braid headband has become a quarantine lifesaver for me.
- Body Scrub – Between wearing gloves and being indoors all of the time, my skin doesn’t quite know what’s going on. Plus, I’ve had a little more time to focus on self-care and actually notice that things are a bit out of wack. I love Shea Moisture products because they moisturize and this body scrub does not disappoint! Definitely, a quarantine lifesaver.
- Adult Coloring Book – My bestie gave me this coloring book as a birthday gift a few years ago. Clearly, I was saving it for just such a moment like this. You know, like now when I would need something creative to occupy my hands while talking on the phone, watching tv or just chatting with my husband.
- Jigsaw Puzzles – Jigsaw puzzles have made a resurgence during the pandemic. We have a huge jigsaw puzzle, over 5000 pieces, that’s partially finished on our dining room table. I am over it! I don’t know if it will ever be finished. But, my frustration prompted me to create this mini-jigsaw puzzle of 110 pieces. It’s not “easy” to put together, but it is do-able. I can’t wait for you to check it out and tell me what you think!
- Espresso Machine – I am a latte drinker. I know, that’s fine, call me special. I’d almost not rather have coffee if I can’t have a latte. And ask my husband, you don’t really want to be around me if I haven’t had my morning coffee. Our Nespresso Espresso Machine has been a quarantine lifesaver (and possible marriage saver!) to the n’th degree! If you like lattes, cappuccinos, cortados and other specialty coffee drinks you’ll be glad you got one of these babies!
- Moisturizer – My skin is dry! Part of the reason is that I drink coffee and then switch to alcohol without enough water in between. And the other part of it is the lack of fresh air and Vitamin D. I needed a moisturizer that wouldn’t break me out and wouldn’t be too heavy. Ole Hendrickson to the rescue.
- Yoga Blocks – See No. 3. I always use yoga blocks when I’m in class at the gym. Now that I’m doing a lot of yoga at home, I decided to invest in some yoga blocks to help my practice. Having the proper tools has made all the difference.
I hope you find this list helpful. I’d love to hear about your quarantine lifesavers too.
Stylishly yours, Kalyn
P.S. These 11 items are my “essentials”, but I’ve got a few more quarantine lifesavers you should check out – just click here to get the full list!
This post contains affiliate links and I may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Please see my disclosures for more information. Thank you so much for your support!